As a Chiropractor it’s easy to get lost in the Philosophy of Chiropractic and expect everyone who comes in to get it. This, however, is simply not the case. As I grow through doing these Chiropractic Orientations, my main focus is on becoming a dynamic speaker addressing the values of the people in my practice in such a way to lead them to long-term Chiropractic. This Chiropractic Orientation is a step in the right direction, but definitely far from where I see my Orientations Rocking.
I received several comments on my last Chiropractic Orientation. Many through facebook and email. Please leave all your comments below in the comments section so others can learn from your input. Positive and Negative comments are all welcomed, as long as they’re shared from Love.
My Video Review
I video every single Orientation, talk, and workshop I do in my office. Like Pro Football players review hours of game footage, looking for the smallest way they can improve their game, I review every video of my Orientations and analyze how I can improve my game. So, here are my notes from this Orientation…
- Do Not talk about other Chiropractors: It’s OK to talk about how I’m unique as a Chiropractor, but don’t mention how I’m better than other Chiropractors. I think it’s a show of insecurity, and I’m anything but insecure in how I do Chiropractic.
- Vary the Volume of my Voice: I need to practice getting loud and excited. Raising the volume of my voice will engage the frontal lobe more and stimulate memory and learning.
- Stop asking, “Does that make sense?”: Asking this too much can be construed as insecurity in the information I’m talking about. The Orientation is about setting myself up as an authority and being confident.
- Might want to reconsider saying “I Believe”: I think a more absolute “Knowing” approach is a better way to go.
- Engage the audience more by asking more questions: Asking questions they have to think about engages frontal lobe and makes the experience more emotional and memorable.
- Address the Spirit, Mind, & Body concept more: Addressing the fact that the only way we “express” spirit is through our physical selves, and by living congruently with nature and God, will allow us to realize our future, addresses everyone’s core values.
- Avoid addressing Chemistry too much: Although super cool and relevant, I have hand out cd’s with Reggie’s Chemistry of Life that can far better address this aspect of life and health.
- Talk more about Universal, Innate, and Educated Intelligence more as it applies to our core values: I think having an understanding of intelligence as it applies to our current decision processes, and how it applies to expressing a Purpose Filled Future, is crucial for making Chiropractic part of your life.
- Wear a Black Shirt: Armpit sweat just aren’t attractive.
- Offer more Personal Info: I think the more transparent one can be the better. By offering some insight into my journey, and why I’ve chosen to become a Chiropractor, may help people take down their guards and barriers.
Ok, so there you have my notes from this Orientation video. What do you think of my Orientation and what notes would you add to make it Rock even more?
Get RockStar Updates
The easiest way to stay connected to the RockStar is through my RockStar Email Updates.